Tuesday 9 March 2010

Day Three.

A bit more digging, a bit more chopping at the front. I've also tentatively agreed for my mate to re-erect the columns at the foot of the drive (it sounds grander than it is!) that were knocked down by pissheads about eight years ago. Kev's motto: Never Rush.

There was major excitement at a few archaeological finds that emerged. See below for details.
I'm off out for another afternoon so check back for more exciting updates tomorrow.


The day's progress. Not as much as day two, but more stuff around the house was done. And I had to do the big shop. Is that enough excuses?


The finds:
A: a jade trapezium of the Tang Dynasty (618-907AD)
B: a silver soup spoon of flatware service bearing the mark of Tiffany & Co. New York circa 1870
C: one of my toy soldiers. A German sniper. He was one of my favourites but seems to have suffered terrible injuries to the legs and an arm. War is brutal.
D: a hand forged six inch nail circa 1590


A close up of the soldier. If only it had been an Afrika Corps kneeling machine gunner, or a WW2 British para...





No comments:

Post a Comment